2 Exam techniques for both sections
- Why should I plan?
- How should I plan?
4 Writing to inform
5 Writing to persuade
5 Audience, purpose and form
- Formal letters
- Informal letters
- Articles for magazines
- Articles for newspapers – tabloid and broadsheet
Higher Level paper
Key to Section A
Sample A* response and examiner assessment
Foundation Level paper
Glossary of terms
Key to exercises
AQA GCSE English and English Language Exam Practice combines sound guidance from a teacher-examiner with activities that give students practice in all the Reading and Writing techniques that will help them to get the best possible grade in the exam.
This digital photocopiable resource -
- is tailored to the new AQA 2010 specification
- helps students to understand what an examiner looks for
- encourages students to take responsibility for their own development
- provides complete practice exam papers at Foundation and Higher Level
- provides an A* essay response and examiner assessment
- is written in a student-friendly style.
Special offer: buy this resource and receive both resources for current specification (for exam 2011) free.
To see sample pages for this title, select format:
Microsoft Word PDF
To view a PDF you will need the free Acrobat Reader, available at: www.adobe.com
Select below to see all sample pages for English or to order: