2 Exam techniques for both sections
- Why should I plan?
- How should I plan?
4 Writing to argue, persuade and advise
5 Audience and purpose
- Formal letters
- Informal letters
- Articles for magazines
- Articles for newspapers – tabloid and broadsheet
Higher Level paper
Key to Section A
Sample answer for Question A
Examiner’s comments on sample answer
Foundation Level paper
Glossary of terms
Key to exercises
AQA GCSE English Language Exam Practice: Paper 1 combines sound guidance from a teacher-examiner with activities that give students practice in all the Reading and Writing techniques that will help them to get the best possible grade in the exam.
This digital photocopiable resource -
- is tailored to the specification
- helps students to understand what an examiner looks for
- gives worked examples of typical tasks
- encourages students to take responsibility for their own development
- provides complete practice exam papers at Foundation and Higher Level, with a sample answer and comments
- is written in a student-friendly style.
To see sample pages for this title, select format:
Microsoft Word PDF
To view a PDF you will need the free Acrobat Reader, available at: www.adobe.com
Select below to see all sample pages for English or to order: